The Fan District Association

Services Provided by the City to Fan Residents 



For many services requiring City response such as pothole repairs, overgrown lots, non-functioning street/traffic lights, or trash/bulk pick-ups, the best way to get a quick response is to dial 311 and report the violation.

- Call the City at 311
- Use the  website 


RecyclingImage result for blue recycling super can

For directions on alley recycling pickup, check the Richmond Central Virginia Waste Management Authority (CVWMA) recycling website.


Removing Graffiti

The 3-step process for removing graffiti is as follows:

  1.  Image result for remove graffitiReport the crime. In the Fan, this is best done by calling the non-emergency police telephone number, (804) 646-5100. This allows the police to collect evidence and
    generates a case for arrest

  2. Request the graffiti be removed by either of the following two ways:
    - Call the City at 311
    - Use the  website 

  3. Lastly, the City requires a Graffiti Removal Release of Liability form be completed before cleaning graffiti from a property because the act of cleaning the graffiti may cause additional damage to the property. This form must be signed by the property owner or their authorized agent. Fax the completed form to (804) 646-0166, or email it to Mike Barbour. This form should be completed and submitted immediately after the removal is requested in step 2, above.    

If you see someone creating graffiti, dial 911. Many graffitists are caught by members of the neighborhood, arrested, and prosecuted.

The Fan District Association is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software